Historic Sites & Thrilling Heights: Jamestown Settlement, Historic Jamestowne, Colonial Williamsburg, American Revolution Museum at Yorktown, Busch Gardens & Water Country USA.
Start your day at Jamestown Settlement, a living-history museum of 17th-century Virginia.
- Begin with 1607: A Nation Takes Root, shown every 30 minutes.
- Next, visit the exhibition galleries that chronicle the nation’s 17th-century beginnings in Virginia.
- Take a 90-minute guided tour, offered several times daily, of the outdoor living-history areas, where historical interpreters discuss and demonstrate 1600s life, or explore on your own.
- Powhatan Indian Village – Depicts culture of coastal Virginia’s original inhabitants.
- Susan Constant, Godspeed and Discovery – Board a re-creation of one of the three ships that sailed to Virginia in 1607 to establish America’s first permanent English colony.
- Re-created James Fort – Represents 1610-14 time period with thatched-roof houses, storehouse, court of guard and church inside a triangular palisade.
- Enjoy lunch in the Jamestown Settlement Café.
- Visit the museum store, offering a range of souvenirs and fine gifts.
- Visit the reconstructed Glasshouse of 1608.
- Take a 3- or 5-mile wilderness loop drive.
- Meet with a park ranger at the Visitor Center and take a guided tour.
- Tour the Nathalie P. and Alan M. Voorhees Archaearium.
- See the Jamestown Memorial Church, and don’t miss the Jamestown Rediscovery Archaeological Project.
- Visit the gift shop, offering a variety of products.
Spend your day at Colonial Williamsburg’s Historic Area and Art Museums.
- Participate in an orientation walk for a 30-minute overview of Colonial Williamsburg,
including a look at the 18th-century community, the restoration of the town and current day restaurant and shopping options.
- Experience Revolutionary City, an outdoor dramatic presentation offering interactive stories and events.
- Enjoy lunch in a colonial tavern.
- Visit an art museum and tour the many colonial buildings. Take time to see the Governor’s Palace, Capitol and some of the historic trade sites.
- Shop and enjoy dinner in Merchant’s Square.
Begin your day at the The American Revolution Museum at Yorktown.
- Enjoy indoor exhibits and films that chronicle America’s evolution from colonial status to nationhood and explore the American ideal of liberty.
- Watch Liberty Fever, shown every 30 minutes in the museum theater.
- Follow an American Revolution timeline provides a visual journey from the 13 British colonies in the 1750s to westward expansion of the new United States in the 1790s.
- Go outdoors to the living-history areas.
- Continental Army Encampment – With daily demonstrations, including artillery, depicts daily life of American soldiers during the Revolution.
- Revolution-era Farm – Based on a real-life 18th-century family, depicts a typical rural lifestyle during the nation’s formative years.
- Last stop is the museum store, offering a range of souvenirs and fine gifts.
Lunch at a restaurant in Historic Yorktown.
- See the Siege of Yorktown film and browse exhibits of Revolutionary War artifacts.
- Take a park ranger guided tour of the battlefield where American independence was won.
- Drive the battlefield tour roads to see where events of the 1781 siege and surrender took place.
- Visit the Moore House, where surrender terms were negotiated to end the siege.
- Explore Historic Yorktown shops and historic buildings.
Day 4 (March – December):
Spend your day at Busch Gardens theme park (Don’t miss Howl-O-Scream during the month of October and Christmas Town in December).
- Ride thrilling rides.
- Watch world-class stage shows.
- Enjoy lunch and dinner at a wide variety of restaurants offering award-winning cuisine.
- Shop in every country.
Spend your day at Water Country USA water park.
- Ride thrilling water rides.
- Watch the AQUABATICS dive show.