Family Frights at Jamestown Settlement
October 21 & 22, 2022
“Family Frights” at Jamestown Settlement, a Halloween-themed museum night for children and families, returns with a scary good time on Friday and Saturday, October 21 & 22, 2022.
Separate evening sessions will be held each night at 6-7:30 p.m. and 8-9:30 p.m. Admission is $10 per child (ages 4-12), $5 per adult and free for children ages 3 and under.
In its ninth year, Family Frights offers plenty of frightful fun for families with the opportunity to explore themed houses and trick-or-treat from a safe social distance starting at either the fort, riverfront or ships as designated upon arrival.
As the sun goes down, the outdoor areas transform into sci-fi and fantastical Halloween themes offering a night of trick-or-treating, creepy crafts, decorated houses and spooky ships. Costume-clad youngsters will meet princesses and pirates and witches and ghouls in themed outdoor areas of the museum transformed into spooky settings. Kids can receive candy – served safely from cauldrons and treasure chests with lengthy ladles and spoons – and pre-packaged crafts to take home.
Important Event Information
• PARK IN MAIN PARKING LOT. Ticketholders are asked to park in the main visitor parking lot at Jamestown Settlement.
• BE ON TIME & BE PATIENT. Ticketholders are encouraged to be on time for their ticketed session (6 p.m. or 8 p.m.) to allow time to move through the ticketing lines.
• DISPLAY TICKET RECEIPT AT CHECK-IN. Ticketholders are asked to bring their order confirmation on their mobile devices or bring a printed copy.
• RESPECT ENDING TIMES. After each 90-minute session, bells will sound to signal departure of guests. Guests are asked to be respectful of ending times to allow staff to clean and sanitize high-touch areas before the next group of guests arrive.
• FOLLOW THE FAMILY FRIGHTS RULES. We rely on you and your family’s cooperation and support to follow event protocols to ensure that it’s a fun, spooky – and safe – event for everyone.
• QUESTIONS? Call Jamestown Settlement Visitor Services at (757) 253-5112.
Event Admission – Online Only
Tickets will be available online only. Admission is $10 per child (ages 4-12), $5 per adult and free for children ages 3 and under.
Each party must include at least one adult over age 18 and printed ticket order confirmation presented upon arrival. Tickets not available on site or at the door. Annual passes and other discounts do not apply.
See a Slideshow of Past Family Frights Highlights
About Jamestown Settlement
Jamestown Settlement, administered by the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation and accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, features world-class exhibitions, immersive galleries and films, and living-history experiences in re-creations of a Paspahegh town, three 1607 ships and a 1610-14 fort during regular operating hours, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, call (757) 253-4838.