The Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation offers internships for undergraduate and graduate students who are seeking job experience and continued education. General guidelines for applications include:
- Current enrollment in or recent completion of an undergraduate, graduate or other postsecondary education program. Recent high school grads may be considered for some entry level positions.
- Must be in good academic standing.
Guidelines may vary depending on the specific internship. Please be aware that internships are not available in every area each semester as programs vary on an as-needed basis.
New for Summer 2022 – paid internship opportunities! We are currently offering five exciting positions that allow students to learn and earn while exploring the evolving workplace in engaging and meaningful ways. Entry level and specialized positions available. Please apply at virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com.
Volunteer internships for the purpose of gaining experience and exposure to different career paths will continue to be offered based on projects, programming and availability. For more information, please send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships are subject to change due to availability and impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information on future internships, please check our website closer to the semester in which you wish to apply to see program offerings and availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will housing or transportation be available?
- Housing and transportation will not be provided, but we can do our best to give as many available options as possible to use.
- If I am selected, may I receive course credit for my participation?
- As the Foundation, we are not able to give credits for courses. However, if your school allow the internship to count as a course credit, we are happy to complete the paperwork necessary to receive the credit.
- Will I be able to work at the museums or for the Foundation after the internship?
- Internships at the Foundation do not automatically guarantee a position afterward. Students are still able to apply for any positions available and volunteer in a number of roles throughout the agency.